Speak freely

Cannot export more than 1000 entities by default

Is this a change can be done by individual user?

Plus, it'll be helpful to show some kind of warning message so a user knows that only the 1st 1000 will be exported. Otherwise, people might be unknowingly analyzing some data that is not complete.

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Oana Balea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the moment ‘Export view to CSV’ action indeed includes only first 1000 entities. It helps to make the system stable and do not impact its speed and performance for other users. Working with 10000+ entities simultaneously is not a good idea in terms of system performance.

In order to export more than 1000 entities of some particular type, the following things can be done:

1) You may want to split your export into several batches. Apply a filter to your view. It is possible to filter by ID, for example: ?ID >= 5000 and ID < 6000 – when this filter is applied, the view shows less than 1000 entities and all of them will be exported. More on filters: https://www.targetprocess.com/guide/filters/advanced-mode/

2) For sinlge-time export the REST API script can be created. We recommend to develop a custom script, that would make REST requests and get your entities in batches of 500-1000 items. In the meantime, REST API works with live data and if you have large amount of entities or if the script is written improperly then it can slow down your whole system and make it stuck for all your team members. API is described in our guide: https://www.targetprocess.com/guide/integrations/rest-api/rest-api-getting-started/

3) As a workaround you may create and run a Custom Report. If you have less than 10000 entities to export it may work. Reports builder is at Reports→Other reports…→Custom Reports→Create new report. For custom reports an ‘Export to Excel/CSV file’ action is also available and all items are exported without count limitations. Once created, a custom report can be executed whenever needed. More details on reports creation: https://www.targetprocess.com/guide/reports/custom-reports/create-basic-report/

4) If you require to analyse your data – having it work with offline database snapshot (backup) should be enough. Such backup can be obtained both from on-demand (cloud) and on-site (self-hosted) account. In order to get access to database snapshots, please contact our Support team https://www.targetprocess.com/support/

(Alex, Support Team)

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to export a summary of stories, bugs, etc. to a CSV. The view shows over 5000 items, but the export only contains 1000 items. How can I export all items?

• james munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there a limit on the number of request cards that can be exported when using the "export" command?

is there a way to increase this?

(i have 2615 cards i want to do some bulk analysis on)

Export does not include all the data available on the view

I need to list the stories n bugs for the current release

I have a view created to list the stories by release - approx 5000
    As I export, it includes only few release related stories and not all

I want to export all the userstories from TP using export option. But i can get only 1000 records instead of 59000 records. Could you please help me to export all the UserStories dump from TP.

• Chad Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I try to export a list of users and the download only shows 1/3 of the total users. It stops at 1000... we have 2363
    I would expect that a download export would export the entire list that I see...

I have an issue exporting one of my views
    when i export it to excel not all the bugs.user stories are exported
    I see only 1000 items
    It is confusing that the tool has limit of items count and doesn't show me the warning when I try to export. It just silently hides extra rows.
    The tool should suggest me to narrow my view filter.
    I will try to remove old iterations from the view thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base