Speak freely

Export customized views / cards

If I make an export to .csv of the list view, the fields that I selected to view are not in the export itself, they are just visible on the list view. So, Customize Cards / List Columns is not applied to Export settings.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Radek Mika shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this. I'm just trying to get an export of my view (which contains bugs and user stories from 2 projects) and only need 5 or 6 fields. Exporting the entire fieldset, then culling it is very time consuming and is more work than just manually copy and pasting the field values into Excel. Very frustrating.

• Chip deVillafranca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current custom reporting function has a number of unfortunate restrictions and the export of a list view with customized cards does export just what is defined in the view, so there is no complete solution for creating list style exports. Being able to have the export of a view be limited to just what is in the view would go a long way to addressing my most significant complaint about Targetprocess.1

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the user story list view that I was trying to export. I have the data I want - bugs count and test cases count per each user story, but not all the fields selected are exported to csv.

• Mike Marsanu (otrisPROJECTS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to customize the Export to CSV action on boards to include exactly the data fields required?
    We are using request relations to assign them (outbound) to a release and (inbound) to work items required. The custom reports are not working well for such usage of relations

Hi, we have a development manager trying to export data to do some Excel reporting, and they are running into problems. The issue is that they tried to exclude columns from the export but it didn't honour that, and exported everything.

I’m on this view and I want to export the stories with the Departments.
    Ideally I would like to be able to customize my own export view but as long as I have all the data I can work it in Excel.

I would love a feature that allows me to export the view contents, only the fields that are visible, not it exports all the fields...
    limiting the export to visible column should also be pretty simple

• Josef Hermanns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The title might be misleading but this is really a missing feature. TP3 views are very powerful and this even compared to the report engine but do lack specificity in exporting of the data. We are utilizing a number of different TP processes in our project portfolio and have added a lot of extra fields to the data objects. Within TP3 views I can see them all irrespective of the process whereas in reports I have to generate process specific reports. However, the export function in TP3 views is a very generic one, just taking all available fields and export them as csv. This might be sufficient but the order of the fields does change and is not controllable by the admin. Therefore I support an additional export function that only exports what is defined in the respective TP3 views. With this function you can control your output and utilize it further.

Feedback and Knowledge Base