Speak freely

Historical data in custom graphical report

I want a report that tells me what phase in the life cycle a bug was caught, eg, 5 bugs caught in Code, 3 bugs caught in Dev Review, 1 bug caught by QA.
For such report I need to know what was a state of the user story when its bug was created.

93 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Xin Jiang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have need to track status change from one state to other state monthly. For example, we have an internal state called “Move to Production”. I would like to know how many user stories are moved to this state monthly. Is this possible use the chart functionality in target process.
    Cumulative flow charts are not customizable and doesn’t have the info I was looking for.

• Chip deVillafranca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related to this, I need to be able to track overall velocity and team velocity. We use sequential team workflows such that Dev does its steps and then hands off to QA for its steps. Basically QA is a Sprint behind, testing sprint 1 while Dev works on Sprint 2. We want to be able to produce a report like Closed Bug Trend but for stories completing the Dev steps, i.e., Passed to QA trend as a measure of velocity changes. Likewise, would want to show burn down at sprint and release level for the Dev team and QA teams separately for their team workflows and for whole release at project workflow level. (Team sprints were suggested by TP Support but not viable since those are not tied to a release and need to be created per team - a lot of error prone manual re-work.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to get all added hours per whole sprint, not per one day as it is currently shown in Burndown Report

• Lydia Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to see how long a card has been in a certain state, e.g. testing, before it was moved the next state.

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like the ability to report on changes to Numeric Rank for all entities. Its cumbersome to go into each entity item to view the history tab and drill in on each update to see priority changes

• james munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To see if particular stories are proving troublesome to close, can we have a state counter which reports the number of times one (or many) stories or bugs have been in particular states. E.g. this story has been through testing 3 times already and we need to pay particular attention to it. Or this team has an issue in that their stories on average require testing 3 times before they are being closed.

• james munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cumulative Flow Diagram: Select project or projects. select entity type (e.g. requests, stories and/or bugs). Select any states to be included in CFD. Select teams. Select individuals

• jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the way to create a report with data from the FLOW tab.
    Report structure :
    => BUG NAME // STATE NAME // ELAPSE TIME IN THE STATE

• Laurent Fan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to count the number of “Request” passed to the stat “Delivered” in the current month, and report the “Lead” and “Cycle” time for this status.
    “Delivered” is not final status, we have “Closed” as final.

• Brian Good commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking for guidance on how to create a custom tabular report. This report would be mostly ustilized by PM's and mid-upper mgmt.

So here's what I'm hoping to accomplish

There's several flex teams: Retail, Inventory, Corp Ops, Integrated Operations, Account Servicing, Online... And I think that's it

Entity state would be the list of each column we have on our teams boards. Research, design, develop, ready for test, test, deploy, done. We track entity state at a user story level.

The columns would ready Team - Entity State - Days In State - Days Impeded
    And a few example rows would look like
    Retail - Research - 20 - 3
    Retail - Develop - 40 - 10

The parameters the report would generate off of would be a start and end date

Impeded: We'll add a blocker to the story under Inbound relations.
    I think we would want to show both:
    Total time in the entity, Total time blocked, And the difference between the two

• Eduardo Souza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I extract the time an entity stays on specific states? 
    For example, how long an entity stayed "Open" or "OnGoing"?
    I need this for several items to find most quick and most slow processing times and averages as well.

• Cornelius Engelbrecht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to see a summary/report on how many stories/tasks/bugs moved from one state to another (e.g. 4 bugs moved from "In Progress" to "Done", 3 Bugs moved from "Done" to "Re-Opened") for a given time period?

Feedback and Knowledge Base