Speak freely

Email integration available by default / Set up mailboxes for us on your end / Make replying to comments / creating requests via email easy

Do you offer the capability to set up mailboxes for us on your end? For example ourcompany@targetprocess.com? So that the inbox is connected to POP/IMAP and SMTP integration automatically.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminTargetprocess Support (Admin, Targetprocess) responded  · 

It is now possible to reply to an email notification so that comments will be automatically added on entity. And it is possible to create Service Desk requests from emails. You need to create email inbox with any email provider and then activate and manage “Project email integration” plugin at Settings → System Settings → Plugins in Targetprocess.
    Please learn more about this:
    https://www.targetprocess.com/guide/settings/how-to-create-requests-from-incoming-email-automatically/
    (Alex, Support Team)

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does one reply to a comment on (bugs/tasks) if they aren't assigned to the project?
        The user is tagged in the comment
        and then receives email about that

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when you reply to a comment that you've been tagged to, is there anyway to set the incoming email as a "reply" to said comment.

i notice that when you reply it simply creates a new comment in the ticket but doesn't notify the person being replied to... i'm seeing if i can streamline this for certain users who find it easier to simply ping off a response via email as opposed to logging on to TP and replying.

• Rotem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you reply to a comment in TP, the reply is nested below the comment you replied to, and the commenter you reply to is mentioned in the comment (so it makes sure he gets a notification).
        When you reply via the email, the comment is added as a new comment (and not as a reply), and the commenter is not mentioned (so he won't get a notification if he's not assigned to the item).
        This is rather a central usability problem for actually using emails for replying to comments.

• Brook Warner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current required implementation is very complicated and involved. It would be great to have an 'out-of-the-box' solution that just works - no setup needed.

• David North commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When user 1 e.g. opens a bug, it would be really useful if the notification e-mail about them doing so had a reply-to header set to that user's e-mail address. Then you could hit reply and ask/tell them something.

Feedback and Knowledge Base