This forum is deprecated, please go to https://helpdesk.targetprocess.com

Speak freely

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Send attachments from comment / Description images are not visible in the notification emails

When in a Request, we would like to be able to send attachments from a comment.

Scenario 1: Client cannot remember the original issue so support would like to send their original attachments that are in TP back to them.

Scenario 2: Results from investigation include spreadsheet that we need to send to the customer for review.

Scenario 3: Would like to send the customer screen shots to illustrate a point or clarify steps but these are lost if pasted within the comment and the customer never sees them. Sending as an attachment would be an acceptable alternative.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two workarounds for the problem exist at the moment:

1) Being Targetprocess user, attach images and files to the Request entity. Then in the text of the emailed comment please suggest your requesters to log in to Service desk portal, provide them with direct link to the Request on the portal and recommend them to download images and files from the portal rather than from email.

2) Use external sharing services (such as Dropbox) for images and files. Insert links to the shared images and files into your comments. The links will be included to emails and requesters will be able to download files.

(Alex, Support Team)

• 70 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        6 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow filter on textbox to be larger to manage complex filters

The Filter On textbox with the auto-complete etc is great.

However, some of our boards require slightly complex filter conditions. The textbox in those scenarios is quite limiting.

We often end up copy/pasting into notepad and back in again just to have a bit more space to see the full filters (especially when using a few ands and ors).

We would like the ability for that text box to expand (manually or automatically) so more of the query can be seen.

Color coding could also be useful maybe (brackets, fields, values, etc.)

62 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Filters and Visual encoding - access entity-specific and parent entity collections when entities of multiple types are displayed

It would be nice to access entity-specific collections via filter when there are 2 or more entities types are selected to display.

For example:
          Cards = US, Features and filter =?Bugs.Count > 0
          Cards = US, Bugs and filter = ?EntityType is not 'UserStory' or Tasks.Count == 0
          Cards = US, Bugs and filter = ?Feature.Tags.contains("tag")
          Cards = US, Bugs and filter = ?EntityState.IsFinal is true or (EntityState.isFinal is false and not Bugs.where(EntityState.isFinal is false)) - for done user stories or user stories with done bugs only

57 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            9 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Fixed tags list in the tags cloud. Better tags management and deletion/addition

After deleting a tag that tag still appears in the dropdown list in the User Story detailed view.

This is quite a painful issue for my team because we use tags to filter stories based on the work that we are doing for each of our process partners. When "deleted" tags remain in this dropdown they keep getting added to stories, thus making filtering much more difficult.

Also, we would like to prevent our users from tags creation and allow only some privileged role to add Tags.

56 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Allow reply to comment if mentioned

When a user is mentioned in a comment of an entity item and the user is NOT a part of the project, the user is unable to reply to the comment.

The error is show to the user after pressing the reply button.

Note the user is configured as a global observer.

37 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Resizing images in comments doesn't work / want to be able to change size of images dragged into a comment

When i add images to a comment by dragging them directly into it they are always full-size. When i click them and edit the size it goes back to full size after i click 'save'. I want to be able to make them smaller

28 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Test Case Run - Block Step

Hi there,

Currently you make a Test Case Run Step either Pass or Fail but you can't skip to other steps in the test unless you select pass or fail.

I personally think there should be an option to block individual test case run steps.

28 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,
                    This is a good suggestion. Though it happened historically that this functionality hasn’t been implemented in Targetprocess yet. As you can imagine there is hardly a way to implement all the good features we can think of and this one did not make to the initial version of the feature.
                    Let’s see how many votes it gets and then reconsider
                    Best regards,
                    Bogdan

• Hide/disable custom activities in timesheet

I can't find any way of editing the list of custom activities in the timesheet. We've been using TP for many years and so the list of custom activities is starting to be rather big. Many of those activities are no longer releavant, and I'd like to be able to hide or deactivate those that are no longer relevant (without changing any old timesheets off course)

27 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Stories in TP3 no longer show the pass/fail status of a particular test case

Stories in TP3 no longer show the pass/fail status of a particular test case in the test case tab.

Why is it missing? whats the point of displaying the test case when you cannot tell if its passing or failing?

26 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

A new ‘Entity Test Plan’ feature has been introduced in Targetprocess 3.7.0 release.

With the newly introduced Entity Test Plan feature, you can now create a list of functional tests and run repeating test activities such as a smoke test, regression test, etc. for almost any entity in Targetprocess including Epics, Features, User Stories, Tasks, Bugs, Requests, Builds, Releases, Iterations and Team Iterations. Any of these entities can now have a related test plan with a hierarchical list of test cases and child test plans.

Before this feature had been introduced, it was possible to link test cases to user stories and vice versa directly, i.e. without special intermediate test plans holding these test cases. If you were already using user stories and test cases this way, then after an upgrade you will see the same list of test cases available on a user story view including a suggestion to…

• Remember selected project when changing board

Please go back to the old approach of selecting a project once and keeping it when switching between boards. It is really slowing us down.

25 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Project settings, Import and Reports are disabled (missing project membership / technical bug with cached context)

When on the Issue screen, I was unable to click import because I hadn't selected a project on the main screen. I ended up contacting support and Julia told me what I was doing wrong.

I reccomend adding a menu in the settings screen to select a project or at least give feedback as to why the project links are disabled.

24 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue may have several different causes.

Cause 1: you are not a Project member of the Project you would like to Import items into. You may still see a Project as Administrator and Observer. However, for Import ability, you have to add yourself into the list of project members on the People tab in Project details.

Cause 2: expired cached context
                            It is a known issue that in the same moment, TP3 context may contain ‘Any Project’ selection while TP2 context show ‘No Project’. Unable to use selected old-style pop-up views then – Import, view Reports, etc.

How to resolve it:

1) close a popup to see TP3 UI
                            2) change projects selection: mark some single project in TP3 context, press ‘Show’
                            3) re-do the projects selection again: mark ‘Any Project’ in TP3 context again, press ‘Show’
                            4) open the pop-up with old view (Import, Report etc)
                            All projects…

• Pushing esc by mistake blows away unsaved cards

When filling out a card and you accidently push esc it just nukes what ever you have typed. It would be nice to have some sort of keyboard binding to stop that event and ask you if you really meant to nuke all unsaved data.

19 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Printable reports in TP3 does not work as well as in TP2

The problem is that when I print my report in TP3 it contains scrollbars, so it doesn't print out the whole report. If I print the same report in TP2 ... its all good.

16 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                7 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Full card title is too slow on mouse hover

When you mouse hover a card in TP3, the popup that shows the full title of the card takes too much time to show up.

This does not seem to be caused by network latency but by "mouse hover delay" coded in the application. I could be wrong.

13 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • respect focus when switching to list view

I set the focus to a certain column (ToDo). The content of the column were a couple of bugs. Now i want to see just these bugs in list view. But when switching to list view, the focus gets lost --> all items are in the list, not only the focussed ones.

13 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Bring back the inline editing of Name field for the list view

The inline editing was the best feature in TargetProcess. It makes quick editing so much more efficient and easy to do. However, in the latest build, the inline editing was removed, and it requires you to double click an item to open it and edit it. The edited result will not be reflected in the list right away until you refresh the list view. This is so inconvenient and cost so much more time when you triage issues and bugs. Please bring this feature back!!

13 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Inbox

We use the Inbox feature quite a bit, looking forward to seeing it in the next version.

12 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Prevent states / assignments / estimates / custom field values reset and data loss when Process for a Project is changed

I want it to be less consequences of changing the project process. Today, I think, all custom fields are lost; It would be very useful if custom fields which have the same name in the old and new process are transferred. There might also be other consequences that could be made better.

Could you tell us exactly what is lost when changing processes today in the example that a process is cloned and a project changes its process to the clone?

12 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Bug #87957 ‘Move an item across projects with different processes: states and dates are reset’ is opened in our backlog.

The only work around to preserve States reset when item is moved across projects might be the following workflow:
                                          1) Export your data to CSV having item ID, State exported
                                          2) Move items between Projects, States are reset
                                          3) Change Project ID column in the CSV file
                                          4) Import data back with Project ID, Item ID, State columns mapped so the States are restored

It is not possible to preserve Start Date and End Date so far. (Alex)

• Allow Cross-origin web browser requests

I would ask you to consider to enable cross origin javascript calls to the (public) API. If there are concerns about security/awareness you could make it a flag to enable in the settings and flash warnings there.

Otherwise it would be interesting to know why CORS is disabled by choice :). Always eager to learn.

Cheers!

12 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

This forum is deprecated, please go to https://helpdesk.targetprocess.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base