Speak freely

Share Board with many persons who are not Targetprocess users

Currently I have no good way of sharing the backlog with the business which is quite large. Since these persons don't work in TP and only wants to see current status I don't think I should make them buy a license each just for viewing a specific board.

181 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Niklas Arbin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Greg Bacchus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when this will be available to On-site customers? I was hopeful it would be part of the recent v3.1 release, but doesn't seem to be.

• AdminMichael Dubakov (Founder, Targetprocess) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are going to release it for On-Site customers as well in 2-3 weeks. However, On-Site server should have access to internet to enable board sharing. In its core board sharing uses our own server to generate and update boards. If you use targetprocess in local intranet only, then board sharing will not work (so far).

• Greg Bacchus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking great. Would be awesome to be able to optionally turn on the ability for people to add comments from that view.

• Nik Majdan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to say, this looks great. I see so much value being added by this addition. This will be a great way of allowing management view our WIP without requiring additional licenses or duplication of my work to prepare an update for them.

• Paul Cleghorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how will this work from a request perspective. If a requestor has access to their items only but we have one board for all requests, will the requester only see their items or all items on the board?

• Colin Bowern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would use the link in our product wiki where we capture the essential process. For example we have a page that talks to how we do backlog grooming where it would be great to link directly to the board with a specific filter applied.

• Dave Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree that adding a "read-only" floating license type of access removes the need for several special URL links which support non-TP users.. If I had to choose between either.. then the floating read-only access seems to be the more useful approach since this one access method then solves all of the related 'read-only" requests,

I agree this would be useful to have a "non-license" public share link.. especially if the share link could also be added to reports also (and not just specific entities).

a couple things we've done to work with this limitation
        1. We have an automated Excel process using RestAPI
        - it peridocially reads TP data
        - it refreshed reports and charts
        - it will email reports/charts to selected users
        .. so they can see TP data.. but not be TP users (since data is auto-exported)

2. a second method for people who need more than just some reports
        - We have added some generic users accounts with "read-only" access to specific projects
        - This generic user account is made available to the "read only" users
        - they can share a single licensed account, but then may people can log-in and view data

BUT.. I agree having a non-licensed "Read-Only" access would be preferred.

Feedback and Knowledge Base